The RENTAL PROPERTY CRIME PREVENTION INITIATIVE is a voluntary program in which our partners (owners, managers, leasing agents and residents) unite together in an effort to mitigate crime and enhance the quality of life for all.
How the Initiative Works:
Grapevine Police Department personnel consisting of crime prevention and records specialists train our partners (owners, managers, and leasing agents) on successful crime prevention practices and strategies throughout the year. The following criteria is required of our partners:
- Applicants must be approved by a Grapevine Police Department Crime Prevention Specialist and or his/her designee.
- Applicants must be trained in the Rental Property Crime Prevention Initiative's successful practices prior to approval.
- Applicants must successfully pass a security survey conducted by a Grapevine Police Department Crime Prevention Specialist and or his/her designee. The security survey will address target hardening such as proper use of lighting, perimeter fencing, landscaping and door hardware, etc.
- Multi-Housing applicants must offer a community watch meeting on property for residents.
- Applicants will be assessed annually to ensure successful practices have been met.
Rental properties interested in participating in the initiative should call the Grapevine Police Department at 817.410.3252.