Recurring Debit/Credit Card Payments
For no charge or extra fee, we offer two convenient methods to automatically pay your water bill online each month:
- Deduct your payment from your checking account (see Automatic Bank Draft Payments setup instructions here)
- Charge your payment to your debit/credit card (see online setup instructions below)
Recurring Debit/Credit Card Payments - Online Setup
- Log into your City online payment system account using your 13 digit account number and your 8 digit password/pin which are both located on your water bill (your default password/pin is your provided 8 digit Customer ID)
- Go to the "Action to Perform" drop down menu and select "Register for Additional Services"
- If you have not changed your password/pin before, the system will prompt you to change it next; then click "Continue." If you have already changed your password before this login, proceed to the next step below.
- If you have not already entered your email into the system, go to the "Action to Perform" drop down menu and select "Change basic account information." Then, enter your email address (an email address is required for all automatic/recurring payments) and select "Continue"
- Enter the information requested on this page and select "Continue"
- Go to the "Action to Perform" drop down menu and select "Set up or change automatic credit card payments"
- Enter the information requested on this page and select "Continue" (Please pay particular attention to the credit card expiration date format of YYYY-MM)
- You will be brought back to the home page, and at the bottom, it will state "Automatic Payment - Yes" and "Automatic Payment Type - Credit Card" confirming the correct setup!
Remember, if you choose to pay your account with a credit/debit card, you will need to update the card's information prior to the card’s expiration date or the next payment will be declined by your card provider.