The following system plans must be reviewed by one of our pre-qualified engineering firms for code and standards compliance:
1. Fire Protection system plans that involve new installation, alterations, or relocation of 10 or more sprinkler heads.
2. Fire Alarm system plans that involve alterations or new installation.
3. Type I Hood System plans that involve alterations or new installation.
4. Access Control System plans that involve alterations or new installation
There is a fee for this service that is paid directly to the engineering firm. The following companies are our qualified firms:
1. Reed Fire Protection Engineering, 14135 Midway Road, Suite G 260, Addison, Texas, 75001, (p) 214.638.7599 or 800.381.5504 Email Leslie Gerbrandt or Darren Roberts at Reed Fire Protection.
2. Traditions Fire Consulting, PO Box 5587, Frisco, Texas, 75035, Emily Kalina, P.E. (p) 972.979.6437 or Nick Kalina, P.E. 972.979.0631 Email Traditions Fire
3. Green Tag Engineering, 2681 MacArthur Blvd., Suite 303, Lewisville, Texas, 75067. Email Green Tag OR (p) 682.214.4824, Email Jay Loucks, P.E. Email Jay Loucks
Upon completion of the review and once found acceptable, those reviewed plans must be submitted to the Fire Department for issuance of a permit for the work to be done. No fee is required for the permit. Please see permits under our menu.