Grapevine Housing Authority
The Public Housing waiting list is closed.
Application status information can be found online. You may check your status at http://grapevine.pha-web.com/wlstatus.aspx.
Effective January 1, 2016, we no longer administer the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program.
The Grapevine Housing Authority administers the Public Housing Program.
What is Public Housing?
Public Housing is the units that the Grapevine Housing Authority owns. The rent on is based on approximately 30 percent of the household income or a Flat Rent (resident’s choice). Public Housing units are furnished with a stove, refrigerator, and central heating and air.
Grapevine Housing Authority operates smoke-free units. Some units have new vinyl flooring. If carpet is desired resident must supply it. The Housing Authority receives a subsidy from HUD to assist with the management and maintenance of the units.
Grapevine Housing Authority owns 98 units located on five streets.
- Starr Place has 20 elderly and disabled units consisting of 10 efficiencies, eight one-bedroom, one handicap one-bedroom, and one two-bedroom.
- W. Texas Street has 19 elderly and disabled units consisting of eight efficiencies, 10 one-bedroom, and one handicap two-bedroom units.
- Starnes / Brewer has nine family units consisting of six two-bedroom and one handicap two-bedroom located on N. Starnes, and two three-bedroom units located on Brewer.
- S. Scribner has 10 family units consisting of eight two-bedroom and two three-bedroom units.
- W. Worth has 40 elderly and disabled units consisting of 37 one-bedroom and three handicap one-bedroom units.